Workplace Violence-Managing the Program
About the Webinar
Learn how ConocoPhillips has leveraged best practices to create a comprehensive workplace violence (WPV) awareness program and how this information is disseminated to the employee base. Get tips on behaviors of concern and how they are reported, investigated, and resolved.
• Define and describe a sample WPV policy.
• Present common behavioral signs and other indicators of potential workplace violence.
• Provide techniques to diffuse a potentially violent situation.
• Explain how security influences workplace violence.
• Outline how to respond to WPV.
Supervisory and managerial staff in particular, but is applicable to all employees
About the speaker
Luis H. Morales, CPP, is currently Director, Physical & Technical Security, ConocoPhillips where he has been since 2007. He has held corporate security positions for 35 years in the high technology, transportation, DoD, and energy sectors. He was formerly a corporate security manager at the following: Duke Energy, Inc., Charlotte, NC; Apple Computer, Inc., Elk Grove, California; Solectron Technology, Regional Security Manager, Charlotte, NC; Johnson Controls World Services, Sacramento Army Depot, Sacramento, California.
ASIS International Education Programs Division