We have been invited to join in on a webinar hosted by the Denver chapter of ASIS. Details are below.
Discuss the primary drug trend problems in the United States, regardless of what community you live in. The opioid crisis and the flood of other drugs has reached epidemic proportion in many of our communities. Learn more about this national challenge and other emerging drug trends. Drug traffickers are intentionally adding fentanyl to a variety of drugs. Observe examples of current emerging drugs in various forms.
Upon completion of this webinar, you will be able to:
· Gain knowledge in drug trends, primarily methamphetamine & opioids
· Gain an understanding of the drug fentanyl, what it is and its potency
· Know which drugs are being cut with fentanyl
· Understand why the drug traffickers are using fentanyl
· Protect yourself and your loved ones from an fentanyl accidental exposure
· Have better knowledge in discussing commonly abused drugs
· Understand Naloxone/Narcan & how it works in opioid overdoses
Date and time: February 28, 2022, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM (Mountain Time)
Speaker: Gil Van Attenhoven President & Owner of G. Van & Associates Inc., Folsom, CA
Gil Van Attenhoven has over 29 years of law enforcement experience. He began his career with the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department and spent the next 26 years with the CA Department of Justice, Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement (BNE). He held assignments in the Los Angeles and Redding Field Offices, was a Drug Task Force Commander and the Commander of the Campaign Against Marijuana Planting (CAMP) program, a statewide marijuana eradication task force. He retired as a Sr. Special Agent in Charge for DOJ. He spent the last six years as the Director of Training for the CA Narcotic Officers’ Association (CNOA). He is currently an instructor for the Department of Defense Counterdrug programs (MCTC, RCTA, WRCTC), the COPS Office, Bureau of Justice Assistance, CNOA and NCJTC. He was the president of CNOA in 2009 and a Lifetime Member. He also graduated from the FBI National Academy, Class 2009. He was appointed to the CA Commission on POST by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger.