NEWS FROM CHAPTER COMMITTEES
ASIS FOUNDATION LIAISON
Deadline for the following awards have been extended to 30 June.
· Chapter Community Service Award
· E.J. Criscuoli, Jr., CPP, Volunteer Leadership Award
· Chapter Newsletter of the Year Award
· I.B. Hale Chapter of the Year Award
· Women in Security Global Council Karen Marquez Honors Award
· Young Professionals Council GSX Experience Award
· Ralph Day Security Officer Heroism Award
· Don Walker CSO Center Security Executive Award
ASIS COUNCIL LIAISON
· Launch date for the future state ASIS Connect Communities is June 1st.
· HQ also has a pilot for the newly established ESRM community. (Link)
· An APP study group is currently in session, contact Mike Betten, email@example.com, for more information.
LAW ENFORCEMENT LIASION
· The board is looking for ideas for the 2021 Public-Private Partnership (P3) Grant, this grant is awarded to a full-service law enforcement agency to support an active P3 program.
· The Chapter will be awarding a complimentary GSX Pass to the chapter member that brings in the most new members to the chapter. This is addition to the ASIS International Member Challenge (Member-Get-A-Member). Campaign ends 30 June. See details
· ASIS WIS Award deadline is 30 June – Please contact Angela Joplin or a board member if you would like to nominate a KC-ASIS member for the award. See details
· ASIS International Young professionals celebrating 10 yr anniversary.
· ASIS YP Award deadline is 30 June – Please contact Brock Josephson or a board member if you would like to nominate a KC-ASIS member for the award. See details
We are still looking for Chapter Committee Chair volunteers. If you are interested contact a board member or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click Here for volunteer opportunities.
o Legislative Committee
o Mentorship Program Committee
o Public Relations
o Communication Committee
o Border Showdown