The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, Region VII (Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, and Nebraska) invites you to participate in the New Mexico Tech “Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems (CUAS)” course hosted through Zoom. This course provides first responders and emergency managers with the knowledge and tools necessary to detect, identify, track, assess, respond and report UAS activity. Participants are presented with information on the current UAS terrorist and criminal threat, technology, and analog and electronic detection techniques. Participants are guided through demonstrations and exercises on the varying UAS types, their capabilities, and simulated threats involving Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs).
1. Recognize Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) uses and components
2. Recognize the threat posed by the criminal and terrorist use of commercially available Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) technology.
3. Identify Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems (CUAS) tactics available to emergency first responders.
4. Recognize regulations, laws, and policies pertaining to the use of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS).
5. Discuss CUAS Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) used throughout a case study.
6. Identify TTPs to detect UAS activity using visual, audio or technological resources.
7. Distinguish between types of UAS, payloads, and legal/safe operations.
8. Recognize effective methods to track UAS activity and communicate to appropriate authorities.
9. Assess Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity and recommend response options and considerations
10. Discuss response considerations to respond and deter unsafe, unauthorized, illegal, or terrorist Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity
11. Understand evidence collection and reporting Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) activity to appropriate agencies
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- State and local first responders
- Law enforcement
- Fire service
- Security Directors/Managers
- Unites States citizenship
- FEMA Student ID (SID)
- Registration is free
- See Attached PDF for Registration Link
COURSE POINT OF CONTACT
Training and Exercise Coordinator