Direct link to job: https://jobs.jobvite.com/shamrock/job/o0fpjfwH
Shamrock Trading Corporation is the parent company for a family of brands in transportation services, finance and technology. Headquartered in Overland Park, KS, Shamrock has consistently been named “Best Places to Work” by the Kansas City Business Journal. We also have offices in Chicago, Dallas, Laredo, Midland, Nashville, and Atlanta.
With an average annual revenue growth of 25% since 1986, Shamrock’s success is attributed to three key factors: hiring the best people, cultivating long-term relationships with our customers and continually evolving in the marketplace.
Shamrock Trading Corporation is seeking an experienced security professional to develop and lead its physical security program. The applicant will be expected to manage the program, aligning goals to the strategic mission and values of the organization. A successful candidate will supervise security functions and work with other stakeholders as necessary to ensure the safety and security of the organization’s buildings, property, and people. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervise and coordinate a team of contract security officers, overseeing day-to-day management and execution of required duties according to the organization’s policies and procedures. The successful candidate will manage the post orders, oversee the budget and contract of the security firm. The applicant will ensure sufficient training has been provided to all security officers working on site.
- Ensure the availability of a professional, efficient, and service-oriented security detail that maintains a high level of awareness and is always dedicated to a sense of security and safety for employees and stakeholders.
- Manage and operate the established access control, video management and communication systems with support from information management and the facilities department. The successful applicant will coordinate with the security system integrator regarding maintenance, contracts and ensuring overall system integrity.
- Implement and manage comprehensive organization-wide safety and security awareness programs for employees and identified stakeholders.
- Review and/or prepare detailed reports of incidents, observations, occurrences, and document witness interviews. When necessary, assist Human Resources on personnel matters that may involve inquiries and investigations possibly leading to disciplinary action.
- Advise management proactively on all safety and security related issues involving any risks that may threaten the organization.
- Provide emergency support, in conjunction with the environmental health and safety group, crisis management team and members of law enforcement groups, and medical personnel. The successful candidate will be expected to be the liaison to local, county, state, or federal law enforcement agencies. The applicant should maintain knowledge of area crime trends and statistics that may impact the organization.
- Arrange/coordinate or participate in executive protection as needed
- Manage the budget, approve purchases, and negotiate appropriate vendor contracts for security programs. Evaluate site requests for security support and or supplies.
- A bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Security Management, Business, or related field.
- Minimum of ten years of law enforcement or security experience
- Certification in CPR with AED and Basic First Aid.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license from the state in which the applicant resides.
An ASIS International Certified Protection Professional (CPP) certification is required.
- (Or must obtain within 6 months upon date of hire)
- Must always display professional demeanor.
- Must possess the traits of a “critical thinker,” making decisions based on clarity, accuracy, consistency, breadth, integrity, and fairness.
- Ability to build trust and positive working relationships with employees including stakeholders, emergency management personnel, city and county officials and law enforcement organizations.
- Must be familiar with the design, implementation, management of an access control, video management and any other integrated system. Prior experience with common security software and databases is preferred.
At Shamrock we hire bright, ambitious people and give them the tools they need to be successful. By investing in training and development, we hope to become a long-term career for employees, where there are always opportunities for advancement. Shamrock also offers a premier set of benefits for employees and their families:
- Medical: Fully-paid healthcare, dental and vision premiums for employees and eligible dependents
- Financial: Generous company 401(k) contributions and employee stock ownership after one year
- Wellness: Onsite gym, jogging trail and discounted membership to nearby fitness center
- Work-Life Balance: Competitive PTO and paid leave options