NORTH KANSAS CITY, MISSOURI
Job Posting: https://jobs.helzberg.com/search-jobs/job-detail/?jid=5044BR
The Security Operations Specialist I is responsible for protecting Helzberg associates, property, and product at the corporate headquarters multi-building campus.
• Access control points: Control or monitor traffic at various SSC access points. Observe SSC perimeter for suspicious activity. Process visitors using a PC based visitor management system.
• Patrol: Frequent foot patrols of all SSC buildings, both interior and exterior, regardless of weather.
• Electronic security measures: Operate alarm systems, CCTV, X-ray, and metal detection equipment at select locations as part of a comprehensive security program.
• Respond to any medical, fire, or severe weather emergency situations at any SSC building in under one minute and react to any situation that could threaten the safety of SSC associates, visitors, or property.
• Engaged team player, expected to be flexible and assist where needed.
• Continuous exhibit a willingness to learn.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma required with additional one year of corporate security, law enforcement, EMT/ Paramedic, or applicable military experience required or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• First responder, US Army Combat Life Saver or equivalent medical training preferred.
• Additional training in industrial security, security awareness or a strong background in self-defense is preferred.
• Basic familiarity with computers preferred.
• Strong communication and organizational skills required along with the ability to be detail oriented.
• Knowledge of general security principals required along with the ability to maintain vigilance, use good judgment and act appropriately and decisively in crisis situations is essential.
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. and quickly respond, on foot, to locations throughout the facilities is required.
• Regular, predictable onsite attendance is required to perform essential functions involving interactive behaviors with co-workers and managers, operation, or manipulation of equipment and/or materials located only on site, and direct interaction with internal and/or external customers.