Leawood, KS 66209
Responded to 75% or more applications in the past 30 days, typically within 5 days.
At Torch.AI (Torch Research, LLC), we’re passionate about building software that solves some of the world’s most challenging problems. On the leading edge of applied technology, we partner with some of the most important National Security, Intelligence, and commercial enterprises to transform how they solve critical problems and achieve “Trust at Scale.”
Our machine learning software has been used to enhance our Nation’s security by protecting critical military assets, stopping fraud on a massive scale, discovering new trends, gaining an edge in financial markets, and beyond. If answering these types of challenges excites you, we'd love for you to join.
Torch.AI’s ability to effectively impact both our Department of Defense (DoD) mission and the U.S. Government space depends on our ability to traverse the security landscape. As part of our company expansion, we are growing our security team.
We’re looking for an additional Facility Security Officer (FSO) who can direct daily activities and processes around our personnel and clearances. The FSO at Torch.AI will be responsible for partnering with executive leadership to execute the company’s initiatives in support of our DoD missions, for now, and in the future.
As FSO, you will be part of a team that provides first-class security knowledge and customer service to Torch.AI employees, vendors, and company visitors. You’ll serve a leading role in our organization’s personnel clearance program. In addition, you’ll provide functional support for physical security requirements, including managing daily security activities such as logging entry records and operating select security systems. You’ll be a key point-of-contact for coordinating with upper management on security protocols and legal requirements.
This role requires a tenacious and resourceful individual to navigate a complex and ever-changing security landscape. You’ll build upon and improve conventional processes while finding better ways to maintain and exceed compliance requirements. As FSO, you’ll enable Torch.AI to continue to deliver extraordinary outcomes for our clients and partners.
· Create, execute, and monitor the office security policies, procedures, and practices in compliance with U.S. Government security requirements.
· Provide guidance and instructions to all employees to ensure any event, circumstance, or act that could be considered a breach of security and support reporting requirements.
· Conduct security training, briefings, and debriefings.
· Supervise daily security activities and enforce government and company security policies to help grow and maintain Torch.AI’s cleared workforce.
· Manage the Access Control System.
· Manage IT vendors.
· Administer JPAS activity, including processing clearances and visit requests.
· Serve as the primary contact for (DCSA) DSS reviews and correspondence.
· Maintain a working relationship with government agencies and contract security offices to ensure proper paperwork and clearances are maintained.
What We Value:
- The applicant must hold AT LEAST an active DoD Secret Clearance.
· Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred.
· 3+ years as a Facility Security Officer or directly related experience.
· Completion of Formal DCSA Academy training course within one year of hire is a condition of employment.
· Experience with the following systems:
· In-depth knowledge of the implementation of contract DD254s.
· Well-versed in the NISPOM and Government security requirements (CUI, RMF, ICD, etc.).
We’re looking for an FSO that has:
· Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to communicate to a nontechnical audience on technical issues, and ability to communicate well at all levels of the organization.
· Strong problem-solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
· Self-motivated individual who requires limited supervision and has excellent time management skills.
· High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
Torch.AI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
Security Clearance Required:
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- 2 days ago - save job
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer's application process.