Olathe, KS 66061
Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they’re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
We are looking for a Cyber Security Manager (Governance & Risk) is accountable to the Director of Cyber Security for the management of team staff, priorities and service delivery of Global Cyber Security Risk & Vulnerability programs. The Cyber Security Manager will work closely with organizational leadership to understand business requirements to ensure identification of Cyber Security related threats and vulnerabilities and alignment, implementation, and maintenance of controls according to risk profiles.
- Work closely with business, technology, and compliance counterparts to understand business objectives, initiatives, and ensure alignment of Cyber Security risk
- Define, implement, and oversee the enterprise Cyber Security Risk Management strategy
- Ensure the identification, analysis, treatment, and timely communication of Cyber Security related threats and vulnerabilities through management of the Cyber Security risk analysis process
- Proactively manages risk assessment and treatment projects and initiatives
- Evaluate and report on Garmin Cyber Security risk practices and results
- Partner with IT Compliance to Manage the 3rd party Cyber Security Risk Assessment function to help drive cyber risk scoring of 3rd party suppliers, partners and vendors
- Responsible for procedures and controls to assure compliance with applicable regulatory, contractual and legal requirements as well as good business practices
- Stays abreast of relevant security regulations, laws and technologies and adjusting programs and processes as required. Drive continuous improvement in this space.
- Develop, maintain, and enforce Garmin Cyber Security policies, procedures and standards
- Ensures each team member understands and is accountable for their performance
- Improves team member effectiveness by identifying and executing specific training plans for personal growth and development of each team member
- Supports team members, peers, and other Garmin associations by actively seeking feedback, building networks, sharing successes, tools and knowledge
- Ensures that the team provides high-quality services
- Provides functional leadership and management to staff, including day-to-day management, annual reviews, and other aspects of leadership
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently and prioritize multiple objectives in a rapidly changing environment
- Evaluates workload in comparison to available resources; proactively adjusts schedules and priorities to meet management expectations
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or another technical related field
- Must possess a minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience, including 2 years of leadership experience as a Cyber Security professional
- Demonstrated strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, with experience in all at the executive level
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a flexible, fast-paced and challenging environment
- Daily use of considerable discretion and judgment, as a leader in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership in completing assigned tasks
- Must be detail-oriented and have the ability to work proactively and effectively with minimal supervision
- Must be team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Self-motivated with demonstrated desire to grow and seek challenges
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers. We offer a choice of high value medical, dental and vision plans with low or no premiums, to fit your and your family’s preferences. In addition, Garmin’s financial benefits include a generous 401K retirement plan that provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount. Garmin offers many other benefits and perks ranging from wellbeing initiatives, educational assistance and career development, community charity support, and employee discounts just to name a few.
Garmin International is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Job Information Technology
Organization Information Technology
Garmin - 3 days ago - save job
- original job